[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript undocumented comands

jweeks@umnd-cpe-cola.d.umn.edu (John A. Weeks III) (09/05/88)

ulfis@nada.kth.se (Anders Ulfheden) writes:

> Is there anybody who knows about the operator eexec and
> the hexadecimal code you provide to eexec?

> Is the hex-code some internal PostScript-format-code or is
> the PostScript command hidden in the hex-code?

This generally is an Adobe font encrypted to protect the exact
numbers from competitors.  A user should never need to know the
information.

If you actually want to decode the "eexec" format file, refer to
the September 1988 issue of Computer Shopper.  Don Lancaster's
column "Ask The Guru" tells how to do this.  But, it is not
exactly trivial.  It takes a long time.

OS/2: Just Say No!        An Apple-A-Day Takes My Credit Card Away.
John A. Weeks III                             jweeks@luke.d.umn.edu
Disclaimer: I know nothing, I don't exist.    jweeks@cola.d.umn.edu