[comp.lang.postscript] Re^2: An Idea to Help Make Postscript Easier to Read

carllp@freja.dk (Carl-Lykke Pedersen) (09/10/88)

cplai@daisy.UUCP (Chung-Pang Lai) writes:
>My suggestion was:
>Two OPTIONAL noise characters can be used by the programmer to delimit the
>scope of the procedure invocations.  I understand {} are reserved for
>procedure declaration, I steal this two characters just for the purpose of
>illustrating my idea below.  Another two unique symbols should be defined
>by the postscript language to avoid conflicts.

{{{-1 dup} abs} add}

Regards
CLp
.

cplai@daisy.UUCP (Chung-Pang Lai) (09/12/88)

In article <4056@freja.dk> carllp@freja.dk (Carl-Lykke Pedersen) writes:
]cplai@daisy.UUCP (Chung-Pang Lai) writes:
]>My suggestion was:
]>Two OPTIONAL noise characters can be used by the programmer to delimit the
]>scope of the procedure invocations.  ...
]
]{{{-1 dup} abs} add}
]
]Regards
]CLp
].

Please read carefully before addressing something that has been explained
in the original posting.  The delimitors are optional and should be used
only when you think they may help your reading of the program.  Please
read the posting again, compare the practical (2nd) example with the 1st
example.

The suggestion that I've made is similar to using redundent () in arithmetic
expression.  e.g.  A = (B*C) + D;

If you think you need to do something as in your example, it is all up to
you.  I'll bet you'd be the only one in this world to do so.
--
.signature under construction ...

{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,seismo!ihnp4,ucbvax!hpda}!nsc!daisy!cplai    C.P. Lai
Daisy Systems Corp, 700B Middlefield Road, Mtn View CA 94039.  (415)960-6961