[comp.lang.postscript] Need Fleur-de-lis

jlw@lznv.ATT.COM (J.L.WOOD) (09/28/88)

Does anyone out there have a PostScript description of a
fleur-de-lis?  This is the French Royal symbol and also
the basic symbol of the Boy Scouts.  I need it for mailings,
newsletters, etc. for my Cub Scout Pack.

Thanks
Joe Wood
jlw@lznv.ATT.COM
att!lznv!jlw
(201) 576-2427

jtkohl@athena.mit.edu (John T Kohl) (09/28/88)

In article <1451@lznv.ATT.COM> jlw@lznv.ATT.COM (J.L.WOOD) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a PostScript description of a
>fleur-de-lis?  This is the French Royal symbol and also
>the basic symbol of the Boy Scouts.  I need it for mailings,

Yep.  Here is one I whipped up for the crest of Alpha Phi Omega (which
isn't done yet.  Someday...)

%!
% fleur_de_lis: draw a fleur_de_lis centered on the current point.
/fleur_de_lis {
gsave
currentpoint translate % set origin to currentpoint
gsave
% the "knot":
% draw an ellipse, 10 x 20, tangent to origin at the top
2 1 scale
0 -5 5 90 450 arc stroke
grestore
% the outline
% 10*sqrt(2)/2, 10 * ( 0.5 - sqrt(2)/4)
7.071068 -1.464466 moveto
15 2.5 % x1 y1
20 -2.5 % x2 y2
20 -10 % x3 y3
curveto
40 5 % x1 y1
25 20 % x2 y2
10 10 % x3 y3
curveto
12.5 27.5 % x1 y1
5 40 % x2 y2
0 40 % x3 y3
curveto
-5 40 % x1 y1
-12.5 27.5 % x2 y2
-10 10 % x3 y3
curveto
-25 20 % x1 y1
-40 5 % x2 y2
-20 -10 % x3 y3
curveto
-20 -2.5 % x1 y1
-15 2.5 % x2 y2
-7.071068 -1.464466 % x3 y3
curveto
stroke
% the inner veins
% left
0 0 moveto
-15 15 % x1 y1
-30 10 % x2 y2
-25 0 % x3 y3
curveto
-20 10 % x1 y1
-10 5 % x2 y2
0 0 % x3 y3
curveto
closepath fill
% right
0 0 moveto
15 15 % x1 y1
30 10 % x2 y2
25 0 % x3 y3
curveto
20 10 % x1 y1
10 5 % x2 y2
0 0 % x3 y3
curveto
closepath fill
%center
0 0 moveto
-2.5 10 % x1 y1
-2.5 20 % x2 y2
0 30 % x3 y3
curveto
5 20 % x1 y1
5 10 % x2 y2
0 0 % x3 y3
curveto
closepath fill
% now the knob below the knot
% 10*sqrt(2)/2, 10 - 10 * ( 0.5 - sqrt(2)/4)
7.071068 -8.535534 moveto
8 -12 % x1 y1
9 -15 % x2 y2
10 -17.5 % x3 y3
curveto
7.5 -17.5 % x1 y1
2.5 -20 % x2 y2
0 -22.5 % x3 y3
curveto
-2.5 -20 % x1 y1
-7.5 -17.5 % x2 y2
-10 -17.5 % x3 y3
curveto
-9 -15 % x1 y1
-8 -12 % x2 y2
-7.071068 -8.535534 % x3 y3
curveto
stroke
grestore
} def

John Kohl <jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Digital Equipment Corporation/MIT Project Athena
(As usual, the opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of my employer. :-)