[comp.lang.postscript] Adobe Display PostScript documentation available

greid@ondine.COM (Glenn Reid) (11/09/88)

We have published an alpha version of the Display PostScript system
documentation.  It is available directly from Adobe for $30.00.  It is
a three-ring binder with approximately 300 pages of detailed
information.  The PostScript language extensions are all documented,
along with the rest of the system componenets, including the Client
Library, the "pswrap" utility, and the color operators.  Also included
is a short Perspective for Developers, which gives a good overview of
the system.

Please send a [good] check or money order to:

	DPS Reference Manual Offer
	Adobe Systems Incorporated
	1585 Charleston Road
	P.O. Box 7900
	Mountain View, CA  94039-7900

Also mention if you are interested in an application form for our Adobe
Developers' Association, to stay informed.

Glenn Reid
Adobe Systems Incorporated
Developer Tools & Strategies

trevor@mit-amt (Trevor Darrell) (11/10/88)

In article <4290@adobe.COM> greid@ondine.UUCP (Glenn Reid) writes:
>We have published an alpha version of the Display PostScript system
>documentation.  It is available directly from Adobe for $30.00.  It is
>Library, the "pswrap" utility, and the color operators.  Also included
>is a short Perspective for Developers, which gives a good overview of
>the system.

Could someone please post something similar to this ``perspectives
for developers'' to summarize the nature of the PostScript
extensions present in Display PostScript? Perhaps Abode could post the
article directly.

There is much curiosity about the nature of windowing extensions to
PostScript (w.r.t NeWS and other implementations) and it would
certainly be a service to provide some accurate information about
Display PostScript for the various dicussions to chew on rather than
the usual 2rd hand impressions...

--trevor