[comp.lang.postscript] tpscript font files for palatino?

fiasco@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Richard Gircy) (11/23/88)

First of all, thanks to all that responded to my questions about
makedev -- I now have more makedevs than I ever thought possible
and my tpscript package appears to to working fine. SO, I am now
ready to march to new horizons...

1) Does anybody out there have troff font description files for
   palatino that they would like to share. Or, failing that...

2) What is a good source of documentation that gives me the palatino
   font specifics (primarily char widths) since with that info I'd
   be willing to try and develop my own description files.

3) In general, what's a good book to start to learn about postcript,
   the language and its abilities (like gray shading an area) and
   specifics on font attributes. Perhaps more than one book?

4) Occasionally I use Borland's SPRINT which has reference to EPS
   files (Encapsulated Post Script). What's it encapsulated in,
   gelatin? Is this standard PS argot or is it Borland specific?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Newsgroups: comp.lang.postcript
Subject: tpscript font files for palatino?
Expires: