[comp.lang.postscript] EPS conventions. From whence do they come?

fiasco@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Richard Gircy) (12/04/88)

In article <3166@bgsuvax.UUCP> edwards@bgsuvax.UUCP (Ken Jenkins) writes:

>Whatever you do, as Bill mentioned, try to form a habit of sticking to
>the conventions ADOBE has published for Encapsulated PostScript. It's
>not absolutely necessary if you're just DL'ing small files for your
>own fun and amusement, but if you expect your files to get along in
>the world, many applications expect "civilized" code :-)

Where can one get the EPS conventions? I quickly looked in the index
of the Adobe red & green book and EPS isn't there (or is it, I just
bought the adobe books about a day ago and have just started to read
them). However, I have immediate need for EPS info, so if anyone can
help, please do so.

thanks in advance, rich