[net.micro] Copyright by CompuServe

jims@tekig4.UUCP (05/25/86)

In article <1008@brl-smoke.ARPA>, JAZBO%BROWNVM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (James H. Coombs) writes:

> If you can't afford a lawyer, you can just get the copyright information
> from the government--it's free.  I don't have the address handy, but
> you can track it down on the phone with just a few calls.
> Acknowledge-To: James H. Coombs <JAZBO@BROWNVM>

One may order circulars and application forms at any time from the
(U.S.) Copyright Office by calling (202)287-9100.   This will connect
you to an answering machine that will record which publications you
need.  I suggest you start out by requesting Circular R1- Copyright
Basics.  There is no charge for most of the Copyright Office literature.

If you prefer to write, the address is:
	Publications Section
	LM-455
	Copyright Office