[comp.lang.postscript] Mac display postscript

johnroc@ssyx.ucsc.edu (John Rocchio,4266635) (01/17/89)

Does anyone know of a program that works on a Mac that can interpret
Postscript commands and draw them on the screen.  I have one that
outputs to a printer but I have to pay by the sheet, so I'd rather
see it on the screen first.  Thanks in advance.

JER@PSUVM.BITNET (Jeff Rich) (01/17/89)

LaserTalk by Emerald City Software has a display window that shows approximate
output of postscript commands.  It also has several other nice features.  I got
a copy through MacConnection for about $150.00.

bezanson@adobe.COM (Brian Bezanson) (01/18/89)

In article <5971@saturn.ucsc.edu> johnroc@ssyx.ucsc.edu (John Rocchio) writes:
>Does anyone know of a program that works on a Mac that can interpret
>Postscript commands and draw them on the screen.  I have one that
>outputs to a printer but I have to pay by the sheet, so I'd rather
>see it on the screen first.  Thanks in advance.

Check out LaserTalk from Emerald City Software. It works by connecting
directly with the LaserPrinter and using it to send back image information that
it then plots on the Mac screen. The program is great for PostScript
development. This is from my personal use of the product.
Brian Bezanson					bezanson@adobe.com
Adobe Systems Incorporated			AppleLink: D0124
Mountain View, CA				CI$: 76701,150
Standard Disclaimers Apply (i.e. my employer doesn't know I'm on
here, these words are mine only, no company endorsement, etc...)

elliston@rob.UUCP ( Keith Elliston) (01/19/89)

In article <5971@saturn.ucsc.edu>, johnroc@ssyx.ucsc.edu (John Rocchio,4266635) writes:

> Does anyone know of a program that works on a Mac that can interpret
> Postscript commands and draw them on the screen.  I have one that
> outputs to a printer but I have to pay by the sheet, so I'd rather
> see it on the screen first.  Thanks in advance.

Please post responses to the net, as I am sure that there are a lot of
us who would be interested in something that does this....

Thanx

Keith

uunet!rob!elliston