[comp.lang.postscript] Usable screen size in 'setscreen'?

rds95@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) (01/18/89)

Hi,

I was just messing around with the screen argument to setscreen, and
I notice that small numbers (coarse screens) don't really behave as
expected. In particular, line sizes of less than 10 per inch are
unpredictable. Why? Can I get around that? I don't have the red or
green book, so if it's explained in there, just say so nicely...

rob

langdon@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Bruce Langdon) (01/20/89)

In article <1446@leah.Albany.Edu>, rds95@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I was just messing around with the screen argument to setscreen, and
> I notice that small numbers (coarse screens) don't really behave as
> expected.....

The PostScript Language Journal had lots of info on this and many other
practical aspects of PostScript.

Anyone know what was the last issue of PSLJ? I got the first four, accidently
let my subsciption lapse, resubscribed, and have heard nothing. They don't
give a phone number.
	Bruce Langdon  L-472                langdon@lll-lcc.llnl.gov
	Physics Department                  14363%f@nmfecc.arpa
	Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
	Livermore, CA 94550                 (415) 422-5444
UUCP: ..{qantel,ucdavis,pyramid,harvard,topaz}!lll-lcc!langdon