[comp.lang.postscript] Printable Area Adjustments On Apple LaserWriter?

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (02/08/89)

Are there any adjustments for the printable area on the Apple LaserWriter?
In particular, there seems to be some variation in the printable area
on a friend's Apple LaserWriter from other Apple LaserWriters I have
used -- it seems as though his printer has an imagable area about one
12 pts. narrower than others I have used.
--
Clayton E. Cramer
{pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer

jim@nih-csl.UUCP (jim sullivan) (02/08/89)

In article <913@optilink.UUCP> cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
>Are there any adjustments for the printable area on the Apple LaserWriter?
>In particular, there seems to be some variation in the printable area
>on a friend's Apple LaserWriter from other Apple LaserWriters I have
>used -- it seems as though his printer has an imagable area about one
>12 pts. narrower than others I have used.

	According to the Red Book (p. 299), the "setmargins" command will
	adjust the margins of the page.  The format is:

			top left setmargins

	where 'top' and 'left' operands are integers that specify how much
	to widen the top margin or lengthen the left margin.  The units are
	in pixels (300/inch for the LaserWriter).  A positive number increases
	the margin, a negative number decreases it.  The command "margins"
	will return these settings.  If you need more help, let me know
	since I've been meaning to play with this feature anyway.

						Jim
						jim@alw.nih.gov