[comp.lang.postscript] How to include PS into Troff?

cpyang@ccnysci.UUCP (Chao Ping Yang) (02/07/89)

Can somebody send me codes, ( template ?) for
including a PostScript figure into a Troff document?

Thanks in advance.

--
==Chaoping
cpyang@ccnysci.bitnet

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (02/07/89)

In article <1232@ccnysci.UUCP> cpyang@ccnysci.UUCP (Chao Ping Yang) writes:

>Can somebody send me codes, ( template ?) for
>including a PostScript figure into a Troff document?

There is a marvelous package, free available, called Psfig:
it's in fact a preprocessor, similar to eqn.
It needs PostScript programs that (a.o.) include a %%BoundingBox line.

The only thing is that you have to adapt your postprocessor in
a rather simple way to recognize the Psfig-generated stuff.

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

pag@tcsc3b2.UUCP (Philip A. Gross) (02/08/89)

In article <1232@ccnysci.UUCP>, cpyang@ccnysci.UUCP (Chao Ping Yang) writes:
> Can somebody send me codes, ( template ?) for
> including a PostScript figure into a Troff document?

According to my troff expert here, what you need to do is use the
'.cf <filename>' command where <filename> is the name of a file which
contains your PostScript(tm) code.  This file should be ended with two
dots '..'.  He cannot recall, however, if you need to have the %! included
at the head of the postscript file.  You may want to do some experimenting
with this.

Good Luck

===================================+===========================================
Philip A. Gross			   |INTERNET:	pag%tcsc3b2@wb3ffv.ampr.org
The Computer Solution Co., Inc.    |USENET:	...!wb3ffv!tcsc3b2!pag
1009 Sycamore Square, P.O. Box 716 |UUCP:	tcsc3b2!pag	(804)794-1514
Midlothian, VA  23113-0716         |ATTMAIL:	attmail!tcsc3b2!pag
Voice: (804)794-3491               |
        The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and nobody elses.
        << I haven't heard what I have to say about that yet. >> :-)

abh0@bunny.UUCP (Andrew Hudson) (02/09/89)

Is anyone aware of a utility which will convert between
the AT&T Targa image format and Postscript (or Sun pixrect)?
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Andrew Hudson
abh0@gte.com
GTE Laboratories