[comp.lang.postscript] duplicating a shape

sarantos@notecnirp.Princeton.EDU (Sarantos Kapidakis) (02/07/89)

After drawing half of a page, I need to duplicate this shape,
to the other half of the page.
Is there any (portable, if possible) way to do that ?
What about if I knew before I even start drawing the first half
that I need to draw the picture twice?
I make no assumptions about the picture, and the operators I
need to draw it (and I cannot draw it twice, it may be using
an "image" command, with data from the current file).
Thanks for the suggestions, beforehand
sarantos

childers@avsd.UUCP (Richard Childers) (02/15/89)

sarantos@princeton.Princeton.EDU (Sarantos Kapidakis) writes:

>After drawing half of a page, I need to duplicate this shape,
>to the other half of the page.
>Is there any (portable, if possible) way to do that ?

Doesn't PostScript have a 'rotate' operator ? I'd assume they have a
'mirror' operator, IE, a rotation-through-third-dimension operator,
too, from the stuff I've seen.

>What about if I knew before I even start drawing the first half
>that I need to draw the picture twice?

As far as I know, PostScript makes a distinction between the *definition*
of an image - as constructed in a buffer - and the *printing* of an image,
as executed by 'showpage'. Why not build up an image and call it twice ?

>sarantos

-- richard

--
 *       "Do not look at my outward shape, but take what is in my hand."      *
 *                            -- Jalaludin Rumi, 1107-1173                    *