[comp.lang.postscript] \special problem with LaTeX, dvi2ps, postscript

rmwise@cloud9.Stratus.COM (Robert Wise) (02/18/89)

I have the latest TeX/LaTeX distribution installed on my
Sun.  When I use the \special command to include postscript
files (in this case psplot output) I always get a page eject
before and after the included postscript.  I think the problem
is in the tex.ps header.  In any case, it seems to be a dvi2ps
problem.  Anybody else run into this problem and have a fix?

Thanks very much!

-Bob Wise
Stratus Computer
rmwise@cloud9.uucp
508-460-2968

charlie@brothers.stat.washington.edu (Charlie Geyer) (02/18/89)

In article <3709@cloud9.Stratus.COM> rmwise@cloud9.Stratus.COM
(Robert Wise) writes:

> I have the latest TeX/LaTeX distribution installed on my
> Sun.  When I use the \special command to include postscript
> files (in this case psplot output) I always get a page eject
> before and after the included postscript.  I think the problem
> is in the tex.ps header.  In any case, it seems to be a dvi2ps
> problem.  Anybody else run into this problem and have a fix?

The tex.ps header does not completely disable page ejects making it
completely impossible to ever to do a page eject in an included file.
It's not clear that this is a "problem" that should be "fixed."

Your problem is solved by you taking the "showpages" out of the file
you want to include.  If "woof.plot" is the plot in plot(5) format you
want to include

  psplot woof.plot | sed "s/showpage//g" > woof.ps

gives you a file to include that has no page ejects in it.

Hope this helps.