[comp.lang.postscript] PS version 47.0 slower?

robin@cnetlu.UUCP (Robin Valere) (02/09/89)

	Recently we've got the PROMs for our Texas Omnilaser 2115 upgraded
from PostScript Version 45 to Version 47.0 (firmaware Level 1.6).

	We noticed that printing is now slower (for PostScript generated by
Troff, Gem...) and might ask the manufacturer to put back the old PROMs.

	Had anyone experienced this before and why shouldn't we go back
to Good Old Forty-Five?

	Thanks.

Valere Robin       robin@lannion.cnet.fr or ...!uunet!mcvax!inria!cnetlu!robin
Centre National d'Etudes des Telecommunications   -   22300 Lannion  -  FRANCE
--
Valere Robin                          ...!uunet!mcvax!inria!cnetlu!robin
Centre National d'Etudes des Telecommunications - 22300 Lannion - FRANCE

root@tscs.UUCP (Admin) (02/21/89)

In article <771@cnetlu.UUCP> robin@cnetlu.UUCP (Robin Valere) writes:

>	Recently we've got the PROMs for our Texas Omnilaser 2115 upgraded
>from PostScript Version 45 to Version 47.0 (firmaware Level 1.6).
>	We noticed that printing is now slower (for PostScript generated by

I have noticed that it is slower; however, I don't know by how much as I do
not have any benchmarks from the old ROMs.  Another point of interest is that
the scaling of the Y axis appears to be different.  I had images that were at
the upper and lower limits of the page that had to be adjusted to fit onto
the page.  Another interesting point is that it now appears to take an
extremely long time to switch from PostScript Batch mode to TI855 emulation
mode.  I would be interested to see if anyone from Adobe has any comment on
this.  I would not consider switching back to the old version as I really
like having a complete set of PostScript (35) fonts.

-Steve