[comp.lang.postscript] Tek 4010 to PostScript converter or emulator

ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede) (02/17/89)

I'm looking for a utility to print tek4010 files on a PS printer.
Does anyone have a converter or PostScript prolog that emulates it.
I'm not too picky about the platform, although VMS is preferrable.

Thanks, Ted
|Ted Ede -- ted@mbunix.mitre.org -- The MITRE Corporation -- Burlington Road|
| linus!mbunix!ted -- Bedford MA, 01730 -- Mail Stop B015 -- (617) 271-2524 |
|                   - this line intentionally left blank -                  |

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (02/21/89)

In article <44935@linus.UUCP>, ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede) writes:
> I'm looking for a utility to print tek4010 files on a PS printer.
> Does anyone have a converter or PostScript prolog that emulates it.

We sell a package called 4014plot that converts tek plots to PostScript.
It was written on a UNIX system but it is distributed as source so
it should be easy to port to whatever you have.  I'm not at work but
I think it is $80 for source.
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (02/22/89)

In article <1718@ssc.UUCP> fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
>In article <44935@linus.UUCP>, ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede) writes:
>> I'm looking for a utility to print tek4010 files on a PS printer.
>> Does anyone have a converter or PostScript prolog that emulates it.
>We sell a package called 4014plot that converts tek plots to PostScript.
>It was written on a UNIX system but it is distributed as source so
>it should be easy to port to whatever you have.  I'm not at work but
>I think it is $80 for source.

I believe that we have such a beast on biomel (send mail there, not to
this machine) which was posted to the net a year or so ago.  As I recall
we tried it out and it worked, but we haven't been using it as written.
The reason is that we generate our plots by feeding Unix neutral plot
files into the graphics driver, and it was simpler to just feed the
neutral plot(1) format directly into a filter that generates PS output.

Anyway, if I get any requests for either of these on biomel I will try
to dig them up and send them out.  The tek2ps filter was, I believe,
written by someone called Brachman in California.  The plot2ps filter
is my hack of this or some other program from Usenet.  It permits
multiple plots on a page by the way.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2