[comp.lang.postscript] Distillery release 10 problem

greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid) (03/14/89)

I inadvertenly introduced a bug into release 10 that didn't show up in
my testing, partly becuase I was lazy and only tested it on Display
PostScript instead of a printer.  The symptom is usually a complaint
about "fd" being "undefined".

Here are the diffs to fix it:

4c4
< %%CreationDate:	greid Wed Jul  6 18:02:53 1988 EDIT: Thu Mar  9 23:08:53 1989
---
> %%CreationDate:	greid Wed Jul  6 18:02:53 1988 EDIT: Fri Mar 10 02:23:00 1989
11c11
< /adobe_still_version ((V 1.0d release 10 edit 06)) def
---
> /adobe_still_version ((V 1.0d release 10 edit 07)) def
236c236
< counttomark dup dict begin { dup load def } repeat
---
> counttomark dup dict begin { dup load def } repeat pop

You basically just need to add the word "pop" to the end of line 236.

Glenn Reid
Adobe Systems

ttl@astroatc.UUCP (Tony Laundrie) (03/21/89)

In article <639@adobe.UUCP> greid@adobe.COM (Glenn Reid) writes:
>I inadvertenly introduced a bug into release 10 that didn't show up in
>my testing, partly because I was lazy and only tested it on Display
>PostScript instead of a printer.  The symptom is usually a complaint
>about "fd" being "undefined".
>
>You basically just need to add the word "pop" to the end of line 236.

That fix was not enough to solve the problem for me.  I finally got the
thing to run (beautifully) by moving this line,

	    /fd (%stdout) (w) file def

several lines up so that it follows this line (line 385),

    adobe_distill begin

To get the output from our printer which is connected to a VAX running UNIX,
we are going to change /usr/src/usr.lib/lpr/printjob.c so that the temporary
error file gets concatenated to the mail message if we say 'lpr -m still.ps'.
In the mean time, we are using 'tail +0f /usr/spool/lw0/errs*'.

				...uwvax!astroatc!ttl