[comp.lang.postscript] Does anyone have a SYS V Plot filte

lmm@labsms.UUCP (03/23/89)

SYSV Plot5 to Postscript

Seems like I saw something in the Transcript package (that comes from
Adobe) that would do this.  I don't remember the name of the program
right now.

lmm

charlie@mica.stat.washington.edu (Charlie Geyer) (03/25/89)

In article <-2097467295@labsms.UUCP> lmm@labsms.UUCP writes:

> SYSV Plot5 to Postscript
>
> Seems like I saw something in the Transcript package (that comes from
> Adobe) that would do this.  I don't remember the name of the program
> right now.

 psplot

Yes it is in the TranScript package from Adobe.  And of course it does
all plot(5) to PostScript, not just SysV.  If you have enscript,
psroff, and the more familiar parts of TranScript, try

 man psplot
 which psplot

If it's not there ask your sysadmin to compile it.

bschwart@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Barry Schwartz) (03/25/89)

> SYSV Plot5 to Postscript
>
> Seems like I saw something in the Transcript package (that comes from
> Adobe) that would do this.  I don't remember the name of the program
> right now.
>

> lmm

Another possibility (and this one's cheaper):

You can use
	tplot -T4014
to convert the plot(5) output to tektronix 4014 codes,
then use the tek2ps filter available in comp.sources.unix
archives or someplace like that.

You might be able to figure something out that uses
a public domain hp graphics language to postscript converter,
too.

In SunOS, the same thing works with
	plot -Ttek
or just
	tek

--Barry.
(P.S.(Reg.):  The parent article was not on elbereth,
so I didn't get to read it.)