[comp.lang.postscript] string => dict conversion

walker@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk (walker) (04/04/89)

  Hi, i need to convert a string type into a dicttype. I can see no
way of doing this in postscript. I know it's an unusual thing to do
but i do need to do it. Is there something i'm missing???

  david walker

walker@prl.philips.co.uk

greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid) (04/06/89)

In article <844@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk> walker@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk (walker) writes:

>  Hi, i need to convert a string type into a dicttype. I can see no
>way of doing this in postscript. I know it's an unusual thing to do
>but i do need to do it. Is there something i'm missing???

This is impossible.  I'm dying to know why you want to do this.  Can
you explain the problem you are trying to solve?  Perhaps there is
a better way to approach the whole issue.

Glenn Reid
Adobe Systems
Developer Tools & Strategies