[comp.lang.postscript] Intro to Postscript

AREAN@SUSHI.STANFORD.EDU (Luis Arean) (03/13/88)

Could anyone please recommend me a good introductory text to PostScript?

	Thanks

		Luis Arean
-------

mdr@doc.ic.ac.uk (Mark Ryan) (04/07/89)

Could someone point me to an introduction to programming
in postscript? Preferably on-line (i.e free and accessible!)

Many thanks.
Mark Ryan

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (04/08/89)

In article <MDR.89Apr6174517@achilles.doc.ic.ac.uk> mdr@doc.ic.ac.uk (Mark Ryan) writes:
>Could someone point me to an introduction to programming
>in postscript? Preferably on-line (i.e free and accessible!)

Well, it's not free, but I'm new to postscript and I've found the "PostScript
Language Tutorial and Cookbook" by Adobe a great help.

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.

rich@kappa.Rice.EDU (Richard Murphey) (04/09/89)

> in postscript? Preferably on-line (i.e free and accessible!)

David A. Holzgang, "Understanding PostScript Programming"
Sybex, 1987. 460 pages. ISBN 0-89588-396-1

If you get serious about postscript programming the `Red Book'
is very helpful:

Adobe Systems Inc., "PostScript Language Reference Manual"
Addison Wesley, 1985. 320 pages. ISBN 0-201-10174-2

Rich Murphey
Electrical Engineering
Rice University
rich@rice.edu