[comp.lang.postscript] afm files: where

rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (04/18/89)

I realize this is the wrong group, but I need *real* Adobe AFM files
for the standard 35 typefaces, and the Adobe file server doesn't seem
to be awake anymore.  Can anyone tar/compress then and put them up
for FTP?  (I was really astounded to find out you don't get the AFM
files when you buy a laser printer---I got *five* floppies in various
formats with various things on them, but not a single AFM file!)

-tom

(The PS-generated AFM files won't work because I need full kerning and
ligature information as well.)

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (04/24/89)

In article <8520@polya.Stanford.EDU> rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) writes:
>I realize this is the wrong group, but I need *real* Adobe AFM files
>for the standard 35 typefaces, and the Adobe file server doesn't seem
>to be awake anymore.  Can anyone tar/compress then and put them up
>for FTP?

Well, I have them, but not FTP.  Anyway, you ought to be able to get them
direct from Adobe, just like I did.  Call them, in Mountain View, CA, and
tell them what you need.

I can only send things by uucp, sorry.