[comp.lang.postscript] Adobe Illustrator platforms?

mday@zeno.mmwb.ucsf.edu (05/13/89)

Does anybody have a complete list of what platforms
Adobe Illustrator will run on?
I know it runs on Macs and PCs, I have heard rumours that
a NeXT version is under development, but what I really need
is a Sun compatible version.

Since there are Suns at Adobe, might an internal version already exist?

Currently we are producing Illustrator compatible PostScript
with applications running on our Suns, transferring these
to a lone Mac II, and editing the images using	Illustrator.  It would
really be useful to us to have this tool available in all of
our computers.  Is there a logical person to contact at Adobe
to enquire about such matters?

Thanks,
----------
Mark Day
Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry		mday@zeno.mmwb.ucsf.edu
University of California, San Francisco		..ucbvax!ucsfcgl!mday

kevinc@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Kevin Crocker) (05/16/89)

In article <11595@cgl.ucsf.EDU>, mday@zeno.mmwb.ucsf.edu writes:
> Does anybody have a complete list of what platforms
> Adobe Illustrator will run on?
> I know it runs on Macs and PCs, I have heard rumours that
>			     ^^^^
> Mark Day
> Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry		mday@zeno.mmwb.ucsf.edu
> University of California, San Francisco		..ucbvax!ucsfcgl!mday

I was just at an Apple Expo and saw Illustrator for the first time.  I
would love  to have this product for the PC environment as it seems to
do exactly what I need to do.  Have nice Bezier curves etc.  Since I
don't have colour I do lose some of the benefit, but I have some
diagrams that I need to draw so that our visual designers can actually
draw the damn things right without me having to stand over their
shoulders.  When you have an article that needs some fancy three-d
pictographs it would be nice to have a tool that did it for you.  None
of my paint/draw/CAD packages can get me what I want but Illustrator
sure seemed like it could.  Just exactly how much is Illustrator for a
PC?

Kevin

Kevin "auric" Crocker Athabasca University
UUCP: ...!{alberta,ncc,attvcr}!atha!kevinc
Inet: kevinc@cs.AthabascaU.CA
--
Kevin "auric" Crocker Athabasca University
UUCP: ...!{alberta,ncc,attvcr}!atha!kevinc
Inet: kevinc@cs.AthabascaU.CA

tj@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Terry Jones) (05/16/89)

Illustrator for the PC is about $800 here in Canada and requires
more than 640K memory. This makes it real expensive for most people
who haven't hocked the car for RAM chips yet.

Corel Draw for the PC is a similar product that is REAL slick. If you
like Illustrator then you will love Corel Draw!!

Corel is $595 here in Canada. It is also a Canadian product from
Corel Systems in Ottawa (613) 728-8200

Unleash your PC!! Put those Mac zealots to shame!
tj
.