[comp.lang.postscript] Commercial Graphics Programs on PC

jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (05/16/89)

In article <923@auvax.AthabascaU.CA>, kevinc@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Kevin Crocker) writes:
> In article <11595@cgl.ucsf.EDU>, mday@zeno.mmwb.ucsf.edu writes:
> > Does anybody have a complete list of what platforms
> > Adobe Illustrator will run on?
> > I know it runs on Macs and PCs, I have heard rumours that
>
> I was just at an Apple Expo and saw Illustrator for the first time.  I
> would love  to have this product for the PC environment as it seems to
> do exactly what I need to do.  Have nice Bezier curves etc.

Adobe Illustrator, Micrographix Designer and Corel Draw are the 3
*class* commercial graphics programs for the PC.  Illustrator and
Corel Draw have better typographic abilities than Designer, but
Designer has better object library features.  All three are reviewed
in a recent issue of Publish Magazine and also in the Desktop
Publisher (Philadelphia).  All three have good curve capabilities
and autotrace features.  For black & white object oriented work,
Designer (2.0) would be my choice.  For color or lots of special
typography, Corel would be my choice.  I would only choose
Illustrator for Apple compatibility as I understand that the PC
version currently available is nowhere near as good as the Mac
version.

Jim Winer ..!lzfme!jwi

I believe in absolute freedom of the press.
        Pax Probiscus!  Sturgeon's Law (Revised): 98.89%
        of everything is drek (1.11% is peanut butter).
        Rarely able to send an email reply sucessfully.
        The opinions expressed here are not necessarily
Those persons who advocate censorship offend my religion.