[comp.lang.postscript] Info. on HP LaserJet to Postscript?

miket@bnrmtv.UUCP (Michael Thompson) (05/18/89)

From: miket@bnrmtv.UUCP (Michael Thompson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc,comp.sys.mac,comp.laser-printers,comp.lang.postscript
Subject: HP LaserJet Printer to Postscript?
Date: 18 May 89 00:44:41 GMT

Greetings,

Where I work we have a lot of HP LaserJet Series II printers which would be
more useful to us if we could now print Postscript on them.  I believe there
is a card slot in these printers.  Does anyone know a company which makes
a card which plugs into this type of printer so they can print Postscript
documents?  What would be ideal for us would be a card which has both an
Ethernet adapter and Postscript interpreter on it, but just Postscript
would be fine though.

If you have any information which can point me in the right direction,
your help would be sincerly appreciated.

P.S. If you are a salesman with such a product, feel free to call me.

Mike Thompson
			  |  Michael P. Thompson, Member Scientific Staff   |
		 ###      |  BNR/Northern Telcom, Dept. 4Z15                |
####  #####    #########  |  685A E. Middlefield Road                       |
############ ###########  |  Mountain View, CA  94039-7277                  |
####    ####    ####      |  PH. (415) 940-2575  FAX. (415) 966-1067        |
####    ####### ########  |        amdahl! --\                              |
####     #####   ######   |  UUCP. ames! ----->-- bnrmtv!miket              |
			  |        hplabs! --/                              |

howeird@hpwrce.HP.COM (Howard Stateman) (05/20/89)

|  Michael P. Thompson, Member Scientific Staff   |writes:
>Where I work we have a lot of HP LaserJet Series II printers which would be
>more useful to us if we could now print Postscript on them.  I believe there
>is a card slot in these printers.  Does anyone know a company which makes
>a card which plugs into this type of printer so they can print Postscript
>documents?  What would be ideal for us would be a card which has both an
>Ethernet adapter and Postscript interpreter on it, but just Postscript
>would be fine though.
>
>If you have any information which can point me in the right direction,
>your help would be sincerly appreciated.

The slot in the printer is for the interface for a POstscript printer.
HP distributes what is called the Jetscript kit for the HP Laserjet II
Printer. It consists of an interface board for the printer, a Postscript
interpreter board for the PC, and the cable which connects them. Also
included is an installation manual and driver software for a PC-compatible.
Call your local HP sales office for more info. I have one, and it works
just fine.

|Howard Stateman, Hewlett-Packard Response Center, Mountain View, CA |
|howeird@hpwrce.HP.COM      or     hplabs!hpwrce!howeird             |
|Disclaimer: I couldn't possibly speak for HP. I know too much.      |
|Sysop of the Anatomically Correct BBS (415) 364-3739                |