[comp.lang.postscript] ASCII EPS 2.0 Definition

rht@smsdpg.uu.net (Randy Thompson) (05/31/89)

Can anyone out in net-land point me in the right direction
for finding a description of the ASCII EPS 2.0 file format?

Many thanks.
Randy Thompson                             uunet!smsdpg!rht
SMS Data Products Group, Inc.                   -  or  -
703/648-9400                                rht@smsdpg.UUCP

greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid) (06/01/89)

In article <328@smsdpg.uu.net> rht@smsdpg.UUCP (Randy Thompson) writes:
>Can anyone out in net-land point me in the right direction
>for finding a description of the ASCII EPS 2.0 file format?

There is no such thing as an ASCII version of the file.  Since it
is a specification, there is only one instance of it, to avoid the
possibility of errors creeping in.  There is also typographic
and formatting treatment that gets lost when you have an
ASCII-only document.

The specification is available as a PostScript program that you can
print on your PostScript printer (it is ascii in this form, but I don't
think that's what you meant) or in paper form.  To get the PS file,
send this mail message:

To: ps-file-server@adobe.COM
Subject: send Documents EPSF.ps
From: you
-------

To get the paper copy, call 415-962-4111.

Glenn Reid
Adobe Systems