[comp.lang.postscript] EPS Translator

rht@smsdpg.uu.net (Randy Thompson) (05/24/89)

I have heard that a utility exists that will allow me to
translate an Encapsulated Postsctipt file generated on the
Macintosh (Mac EPS 1.1??) to the ASCII 2.0 Encapsulated
Postscript format.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? What is the
product name, by who, PD, shareware, commercial, where to
look?

Any help is appreciated, many thanks!
Randy Thompson                             uunet!smsdpg!rht
SMS Data Products Group, Inc.                   -  or  -
703/648-9400                                rht@smsdpg.UUCP

cplai@daisy.UUCP (Chung-Pang Lai) (06/03/89)

In article <316@smsdpg.uu.net> rht@smsdpg.UUCP (Randy Thompson) writes:
>I have heard that a utility exists that will allow me to
>translate an Encapsulated Postsctipt file generated on the
>Macintosh (Mac EPS 1.1??) to the ASCII 2.0 Encapsulated
>Postscript format.

I have been using such convertor from Frame Technology.  If you have
FrameMaker on your system, you can find the software in $FMHOME/postscript
where $FMHOME points to the install directory of the FrameMaker software.
Download the software to a Macintosh and convert the EPSF on a Mac.
If you have trouble downloading from unix to the mac, you can get the
mac floppy from Frame.  I think the software is free of charge for
FrameMaker customers.  Frame's number is (408) 433-3311

--
.signature under construction ...
{pyramid, osu-cis, uunet, killer}!daisy!cplai    C.P. Lai