[comp.lang.postscript] Transcript and page reversal problem

teus@fs1-cg.oce.nl (07/04/89)

At the moment we have a version of Transcript running to print on an Apple
Laserwriter. There are some problems with page reversal if a file starts
with "%!PS-Adobe-2.0", but does not contain "%%Page:" comments. In that
case the file can not be printed properly. The only solution is to replace
the first line of the file with "%!", in which case the file will be printed
but page order is not reversed. Does anybody know if there exists a new
version of Transcript that is capable of reversing page order in files that
obey the version 2 structuring conventions, but do not contain the "%%Page:"
comments ? If such a version exists, how does the software find page
boundaries ?
_______________________________
This note does not necessarily represent the position of Oce-Nederland b.v..
Therefore no liability or responsibility for whatever will be accepted.

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (07/05/89)

In <1202@oce-rd1.oce.nl> teus@fs1-cg.oce.nl writes:
> There are some problems with page reversal if a file starts
> with "%!PS-Adobe-2.0", but does not contain "%%Page:" comments.

	I don't think it is possible to do page reversal if the %%Page
comments are not in the file.  In fact, doesn't the document structuring
convention require the %%Page's to be there?
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
{allegra,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu
"The connector is the network"