[comp.lang.postscript] Images

dudkl@dcatla.UUCP (Danny K. Llewallyn) (01/31/89)

I have some image data that is 240 dpi 1 bit per pixel.  When I send it
to my PostScript printer which is 300 dpi it does not come out as clear
as it does on the printer that is 240 dpi.  This kindof makes sense since
the 300 dpi printer has more resolution.  What I am wondering though, is
there anything that I can do with any of the PostScript operators to make
the image come out just as clear as it does on the 240 dpi printer?

				  Thanks in Advance,

				  Danny Llewallyn

greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid) (02/01/89)

In article <13619@dcatla.UUCP> dudkl@dcatla.UUCP (Danny K. Llewallyn) writes:
>I have some image data that is 240 dpi 1 bit per pixel.  When I send it
>to my PostScript printer which is 300 dpi it does not come out as clear
>as it does on the printer that is 240 dpi.  This kindof makes sense since
>the 300 dpi printer has more resolution.  What I am wondering though, is
>there anything that I can do with any of the PostScript operators to make
>the image come out just as clear as it does on the 240 dpi printer?

Well, if you don't mind it's being smaller, you can certainly scale the
image so that it falls more neatly into multiples of 300 dpi (note that
you can do this without being device-dependent; it just happens to look
a little better at 300dpi resolutions).  Nothing fancy about it, but it
will look more crisp, I'm sure:

	%!
	240 300 div dup scale
	% your program here

Glenn Reid
Adobe Systems

kincaid@cg-atla.UUCP (Tom Kincaid ) (08/08/89)

I am fairly new to the PostScript world. I want to output a rather large
image and I was wondering if anybody
had a simple PS function that would allow you to this.

	Thank You.