[net.micro] looking for a good IBM-PC C

aptr@ur-tut.UUCP (The Wumpus) (06/12/86)

I am looking for a good C compiler for an IBM PC machine (actually an
Olivetti clone).  I would like it to be able to compile programs that
would be over 64k at run time, and to support the IBM graphics.  I
would also like it to be able to use the Olivetti's Ultra-high-res.
(640-400) screen, but I am not holding my breath.  I am interested in
basically any reasonable price (up to $500) but would like to spend
around $200 at most.

Please E-Mail me any responses.  If there is enough interest, I will
post my findings.

The Wumpus UUCP:  allegra!rochester!ur-tut!aptr
           BITNET:aptrccss@uorvm

aptr@ur-tut.UUCP (06/13/86)

In article <392@ur-tut.UUCP> aptr@ur-tut.UUCP (The Wumpus) writes:
>I am looking for a good C compiler for an IBM PC machine (actually an
>Olivetti clone).  I would like it to be able to compile programs that
>would be over 64k at run time, and to support the IBM graphics.  I
>would also like it to be able to use the Olivetti's Ultra-high-res.
>(640-400) screen, but I am not holding my breath.  I am interested in
>basically any reasonable price (up to $500) but would like to spend
>around $200 at most.
>
>Please E-Mail me any responses.  If there is enough interest, I will
>post my findings.
>
>The Wumpus UUCP:  allegra!rochester!ur-tut!aptr
>           BITNET:aptrccss@uorvm

One more thing I forgot to ask about for the C-compilers:  How about 8087
support?

Thanks.
The Wumpus