[comp.lang.postscript] Public domain source of a diTroff to PostScript converter?

kap121@ztivax.UUCP (Thomas Oeser) (08/22/89)

Hello out there,

I am looking for a diTroff to PostScript converter. If possible, it should be
in the public domain.

If so, please email to me since I have no ftp access.

Thomas Oeser

ARPA:		kap121@ztivax.siemens.com
UUCP:		kap121@ztivax.uucp (may work only in Europe...)
Postal mail:	Siemens AG, K Sys Ap 121, Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, P.O. Box 830951,
		D-8000 Munich 83, West Germany
Phone:		+ 49 (89) 636-47537
FAX:		+ 49 (89) 636-41477

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed are my own, and should not be attributed to anyone else
living or dead.

ecf_ulw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Lee Watkins) (08/23/89)

This is the third request for such software I have seen in the last
week so it must be somewhere.  One person has indicated to me that he
has a troff to ps driver, which if i get it I would be glad to
forward.  Otherwise, could someone please post a couple lines if they
know where other such programs can be gotten.  THANX from all of us,
especially if this topic has be explained multiple times in the
past..!

Lee W.

clewis@eci386.uucp (Chris Lewis) (08/25/89)

In article <2349@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ecf_ulw@jhunix.UUCP (Lee Watkins) writes:

>This is the third request for such software I have seen in the last
>week so it must be somewhere.  One person has indicated to me that he
>has a troff to ps driver, which if i get it I would be glad to
>forward.  Otherwise, could someone please post a couple lines if they
>know where other such programs can be gotten.  THANX from all of us,
>especially if this topic has be explained multiple times in the
>past..!

Extract of something I posted to comp.unix.xenix a couple of days ago:

	2) If you have a postscript printer, obtain ditroff and a copy
	   of tpscript (from comp.sources.unix archives, issues v15i013-017
	   I think).  tpscript is a PD ditroff->postscript converter.
	   tpscript is an *excellent* package and works *very* well.

Eg: if you need ditroff->postcript, get tpscript.  If you need old CAT troff
to postscript, wait a bit - it's coming in comp.sources.unix.
--
Chris Lewis, R.H. Lathwell & Associates: Elegant Communications Inc.
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo}!lsuc!eci386!clewis