[comp.lang.postscript] Wanted: Postscript interpreter for Macintosh display

armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan Armstrong) (08/29/89)

I am looking for a Postscript interpreter for displaying Postscript code on
the Macintosh display (preferably inexpensive or PD).  I do not have a C
compiler, so I need executable code.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Recommendations?  Places to look for one?

Thanks,

Ben Armstrong. (UUCP: armstrng@dalcs  BITNET: armstrong@STMARYS)

philr@knecht.Sun.COM (Phil Robar Sun Mt. View Windows Performance and Reliability 415-336-1423) (09/14/89)

armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan Armstrong) writes:

>I am looking for a Postscript interpreter for displaying Postscript code on
>the Macintosh display (preferably inexpensive or PD).  I do not have a C
>compiler, so I need executable code.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>Recommendations?  Places to look for one?

>Thanks,

>Ben Armstrong. (UUCP: armstrng@dalcs  BITNET: armstrong@STMARYS)

Check out Lasertalk from:

	Emerald City Software
	800 Menlo Avenue
	Suite 102
	Menlo Park, CA. 94025

	415-324-8080

	Suggested Retail Price: $249

Their ad is on the back cover of The PostScript Language Journal VOL. 1, NO.1. I have also seen their ad in MacTutor magazine. The ad shows an interactive window, a status window that shows the stack and variable values, and a preview window. It also mentions on-line operator descriptions, has a debugger menu in the menu bar, and quotes from a 5 mouse MacUser review.

I have not used this product so don't treat this as a recommendation.

Phil Robar

philr@sun.com