[comp.lang.postscript] vanilla dvi2ps?

seth@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Seth Teller) (09/14/89)

please forgive me if this topic has been covered.  i'm not a
frequent reader of this group.

i am using 'psview' on a silicon graphics box to preview the
output of the 'latex .. dvi2ps' process.  although the dvi2ps output
prints perfectly to the laserwriter, it hangs the sgi previewer
software horribly (for reasons unknown to me).

it doesn't look like sgi will come through with a more robust version
anytime soon.  as a workaround, i'd like to find a dvi2ps which produces
slightly 'better behaved' postscript (i don't know a whole lot about it,
but from the looks of dvi2ps's output, there seem to be a lot of
printer-specific commands generated; binary font specs and the like).

can anyone supply such a thing, or suggest a place to look further?

thanks,

seth teller

seth@miro.berkeley.edu
ucbvax!miro.berkeley.edu!seth

pvo3366@sapphire.OCE.ORST.EDU (Paul O'Neill) (09/15/89)

In article <17157@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> seth@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Seth Teller) writes:

>.......... as a workaround, i'd like to find a dvi2ps which produces
>slightly 'better behaved' postscript ..............
>
>can anyone supply such a thing, or suggest a place to look further?

Van Jacobson's version of dvi2ps is pretty good.  Look on ftp.ee.lbl.gov

Paul O'Neill                 pvo@oce.orst.edu
Coastal Imaging Lab
OSU--Oceanography
Corvallis, OR  97331         503-754-3251