[comp.lang.postscript] problem with MS-Word and PostScript

lynch@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Tim Lynch) (09/15/89)

We are running MS-Word v5 on some PC's on an Appletalk network.
Whenever we try to print to a LaserWriter, however, we geta status
sheet from the Appleshare Print Server telling us the jobs has
been flushed due to an offending command: PSp.  PSp is defined
in the POSTSCRP.INI (sp?) file.

Anybody see this before and know what is happening?  I can supply
more information if needed, but I figure someone out there has
hit this before.

Thanks in advance.

				 or   lynch@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (09/20/89)

In article <8866@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, lynch@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Tim Lynch) writes:

> We are running MS-Word v5 on some PC's on an Appletalk network.
> Whenever we try to print to a LaserWriter, however, we geta status
> sheet from the Appleshare Print Server telling us the jobs has
> been flushed due to an offending command: PSp.  PSp is defined
> in the POSTSCRP.INI (sp?) file.
>
> Anybody see this before and know what is happening?  I can supply
> more information if needed, but I figure someone out there has
> hit this before.

Yes.  The following lines in POSTSCRP.INI need to be commented
out.  Make sure that there aren't any control-Ds in the file either.

% userdict /msinifile known
% {msinifile (POSTSCRP) eq {stop} if} if
% serverdict begin 0 exitserver
% userdict /msorigstate known {msorigstate restore} if
% save /msorigstate exch def
% /msinifile (POSTSCRP) def
--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
What shall it be today?  Watch Three's Company?  Or unify the field theory?