[comp.lang.postscript] net loss, net gain

greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid) (09/28/89)

Hi everybody,

I am stepping down as Adobe's "representative" on the net.  I will
probably still tune in and read it from time to time, but I've got to
get other things done.  One of our bright and energetic Developer
Support people, Ross Jeynes, has volunteered to be a spokesperson
whenever one is called for, so Adobe will still have a presence here on
the net.

This has been a lot of fun.  I never would have guessed there were so
many PostScript enthusiasts out there.  I've watched this forum for a
long time, from "What the heck is PostScript?" through the
PostScript/Interpress discussions, Display PostScript/ NeWS, all of the
"convert PS -> foo?" requests, and whatever else.  I think it has been
a model newsgroup, with an extremely high signal- to-noise ratio, which
makes it very pleasant to read and contribute to.

Glenn Reid
Adobe Systems

coleman@lll-lcc.UUCP (Sam Coleman) (09/29/89)

In article <1248@adobe.UUCP>, greid@adobe.com (Glenn Reid) writes:

> I am stepping down as Adobe's "representative" on the net.

> Glenn Reid
> Adobe Systems

			DRAT.

don@brillig.umd.edu (Don Hopkins) (09/30/89)

In article <1248@adobe.UUCP> greid@adobe.COM () writes:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I am stepping down as Adobe's "representative" on the net.
>[...]
>I think it has been a model newsgroup, with an extremely high signal-
>to-noise ratio, which makes it very pleasant to read and contribute
>to.
>
>Glenn Reid
>Adobe Systems

Glenn, you've had a lot to do with the excellent quality of
comp.lang.postscript. Without your contributions, this news group
would have probably wound up as yet another religious battleground,
and PostScript would be yet another page description language.  I'm
glad Adobe has kept in touch with the user community through
comp.lang.postscript, and I hope it continues to do so.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful discussions, and for sharing your
insight into the language with us. I have especially enjoyed
discussing programming tricks and techniques, thinking about your
advice on the philosophy of output file formats, and reading all the
neat code that's been posted!

	-Don