[comp.lang.postscript] Request for Postscript to IBM 3820 conversion program

tr@bellcore.com (tom reingold) (10/03/89)

I figure this may be a weird one, but it would come in handy.  We have
one of those huge IBM 3820 laser printers, and it's fast, and it prints
on both sides.  I would be interested in saving paper.  I don't know
anything about this printer, except that it's a model 3820.  It's run
by the mainframe staff, and we send jobs to it by sending jobs to a
Unix computer which sends them to the mainframe which sends them to the
printer.

Tom Reingold                   |INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.com
Bellcore                       |UUCP:           bellcore!tr
444 Hoes La room 1H217         |PHONE:          (201) 699-7058 [work],
Piscataway, NJ 08854-4182      |                (201) 287-2345 [home]

jeynes@adobe.COM (Ross A. Jeynes) (10/05/89)

In article <17772@bellcore.bellcore.com> tr@bellcore.com (tom reingold) writes:
>Subject: Request for Postscript to IBM 3820 conversion program
>I figure this may be a weird one, but it would come in handy.  We have
>one of those huge IBM 3820 laser printers, and it's fast, and it prints
>on both sides.  I would be interested in saving paper.  I don't know
>anything about this printer, except that it's a model 3820.  It's run
>by the mainframe staff, and we send jobs to it by sending jobs to a
>Unix computer which sends them to the mainframe which sends them to the
>printer.

Tom,

Adobe markets a version of PostScript in software which runs on the
370 series computers.  I believe that the 3820 is one of the printers
supported.  (In general, I think that 370 PostScript supports most of the
IBM AFP printers.)  Try contacting your IBM sales rep. for more details.

Hope this helps.

Ross Jeynes
Developer Support                                   jeynes@adobe.com
Adobe Systems Incorporated                 {sun|decwrl}!adobe!jeynes