[comp.lang.postscript] tpscript

jazz@maven.UUCP (Jeff Roberts) (09/29/89)

Some time ago I received a C program called tpscript which converts ditroff
output to postscript.  The version I have is dated about 1987 and has some
problems.  I would like to find out who is supporting it, or at least get a
newer version, if possible.  Has anyone heard of this program?
--
Jeff Roberts
(UUCP) 		...uunet!ingr!b11!maven!jazz

stephenf@softway.oz (Stephen Frede) (10/05/89)

jazz@maven.UUCP (Jeff Roberts) writes:

>Some time ago I received a C program called tpscript which converts ditroff
>output to postscript.  The version I have is dated about 1987 and has some
>problems.  I would like to find out who is supporting it, or at least get a
>newer version, if possible.  Has anyone heard of this program?

I wrote this program while working at the University of NSW
and posted it to what was then the net.sources newsgroup.
Soon afterwards I changed jobs and rewrote a commercial
version of the program (known unimaginatively as dpscript)
which has extra functionality (including some stuff that
Transcript and friends won't do). The original version (with
some enhancements) was reposted by Axel Mahler in May '88
to comp.sources.unix (v15i013). I have never had a bug report
from anyone about the program and the occasional mail I do
get is asking for extra features (I send info about our
commercial version and never hear from them again).

But to answer your question about support, if there is a
genuine problem then certainly I will look into it and
attempt to provide a fix. If you are after extra features,
then I've probably already added them, but unfortunately
you'll have to buy the commercial version.

			Regards,

				- Stephen Frede

Softway Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 698 2322; Fax: +61 2 699 9174; Telex: AA27987
ACSnet: stephenf@softway.oz	UUCP: ...!uunet!softway.oz!stephenf