[comp.lang.postscript] PICT->EPSF

gl@goanna.oz (GEOFFREY IAN LEACH) (10/03/89)

Drawover was mentioned as an Adobe Illustrator 88 utility
which converts PICT->EPSF.  We tried v1.0. It worked fine with
PICT from MacDraw 1.9 but had problems with PICT from MacDraw II.
Anybody know if there is a later version of DrawOver and whether it
will work with MacDraw II PICT (and PICT2)?

Alternatively, and I know it has been asked before, what other
PICT->EPSF conversion utilities around are there? I remember
(but didnt save) an article about a library of format conversion
routines being posted which may have included PICT->EPSF. Someone
got a copy of the article they could send me?

Geoff Leach,
Department of Computer Science,	         ACSNET: gl@goanna.oz
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,  JANET: gl%goanna.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc
GPO BOX 2476 V,                            ARPA: gl%goanna.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
Melbourne, 3001, 		          CSNET: gl%goanna.oz.au@australia
AUSTRALIA                                  UUCP: ...!uunet!goanna.oz.au!gl
Phone: +61 3 660 3207		         BITNET: gl%goanna.oz.au@relay.cs.net
Fax  : +61 3 663 2764		          EARN: gl%goanna.oz.au@uk.ac.rl.earn

ralph@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (10/11/89)

In article <2434@goanna.oz> gl@goanna.oz (GEOFFREY IAN LEACH) writes:
>Alternatively, and I know it has been asked before, what other
>PICT->EPSF conversion utilities around are there? I remember

Xris-Xros TM from Taylored Graphics takes your output from the
Command-F trick, the PostScript file that the Mac would send to the
LaserWriter, and converts it to Illustrator 1.1 format.  According
to the manual, it doesn't convert bitmaps, smoothed polygons, or
arcs drawn with arc tools, and it converts all fonts except the
"standard 35" to Courier.  I haven't yet had a chance to fully
explore the program yet, but it seems to work as advertised.  It's
available for US$69.95 from Taylored Graphics, PO Box 1900, Freedom,
CA 95019-1900; the phone number is (408) 761-2481.
--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@lzfme.att.com     att!lzfme!ralph

Work flows toward the competent until they are submerged.