[comp.lang.postscript] GIF --> postscript sought!

root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) (10/09/89)

I am looking for a GIF to postscript translator.  If such a beast exists,
what limitations on the types of GIF pictures (ie, colors, resolution, etc.)
should I expect.

Please email responses.

Thanks in advance!

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Ya'll com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (10/12/89)

In article <518@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:
>I am looking for a GIF to postscript translator.  If such a beast exists,
>what limitations on the types of GIF pictures (ie, colors, resolution, etc.)
>should I expect.

You should be able to grab the picture directly from the screen
into postscript using SCRtoPS utility from Offe Enterprises,
1163 E. Ogden Avenue, #705-131, Naperville, IL 60563 (312)-357-6679.
Will convert color to greyscale for the printer (you'll need that with
GIF pictures).  This way you can adjust the picture on the screen (size,
brightness, whatever) before printing it.  SCRtoPS also allows sizing etc.
and works on SuperVGA modes of Paradise etc. VGA cards.  You can read the
postscript file into WordPerfect, Ventura Publisher etc.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!ihuxy!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vgopal@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vgopal%ihuxy@research.att.com"
Silence those silent letters, save the world 500 million keystrokes a day.