[net.micro] Fancy Fonts

jantypas@wolf.UUCP (John Antypas) (06/19/86)

Does anyone out there know the internal format of a Fancy Fonts
font file?  I'd like to use these fonts for a printer driver.

John Antypas

uucp: ...!sdcsvax!jantypas
arpa: jantypas@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu

aptr@ur-tut.UUCP (The Wumpus) (06/20/86)

In article <132@wolf.UUCP> jantypas@wolf.UUCP (John Antypas) writes:
>Does anyone out there know the internal format of a Fancy Fonts
>font file?  I'd like to use these fonts for a printer driver.
>
>John Antypas

I am not quite sure of how the actual font tables that Fancy Fonts uses are
formatted, but the copy that I have (dating from about 1983) had the Hershey
character set on it nd contained documentation on how it was stored. I
believe it used 2 digit hexidecimal numbers to represent the points with 00
being the beginning of a character and FF (?) being the marker for move only
or plot only.  The rest of the values are just points that tell where to
go.  I also believe that there was some documentation on the internal format
of the fonts files there.  If you want, I will be glad to check my manual
and send you the information.