[comp.lang.postscript] TeX on LZR 1260

ccsphc@gdr.bath.ac.uk (Paul Christie) (11/10/89)

Has anyone had problems printing TeX files on Dataproducts LZR 1260
laserprinter?  Postscript files which print correctly on the LaserWriter
come out double height on the LZR 1260.

ekrell@hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) (11/12/89)

We upgraded 2 LaserWriter+ to LZR 1260's. We use TeX extensively
and as far as I know, we've never had any incompatibility problem.
After all, the PostScript interpreter on the LZR 1260 is Adobe's
(V47) and the printer has all 35 LaserWriter+'s fonts.

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell@ulysses.att.com

jmr@nada.kth.se (Jan Michael Rynning) (11/13/89)

In article <1989Nov10.101755.23737@gdt.bath.ac.uk> ccsphc@gdr.bath.ac.uk (Paul Christie) writes:
>Has anyone had problems printing TeX files on Dataproducts LZR 1260
>laserprinter?  Postscript files which print correctly on the LaserWriter
>come out double height on the LZR 1260.

It all depends on what program you use for convertivg DVI files to PostScript.

Some DVI-to-PostScript converters are very well written, and will do the right
thing on any PostScript printer.  You won't get the best results of course, if
you use pixel fonts with the wrong resolution, or if you use write-black fonts
on a write-white printer or vice versa, but the result will always come out at
the right size, and at the right position on the page.

Others depend heavily on a particular type of PostScript printer, or even on a
particular revision of the PostScript interpreter.

I don't know what DVI-to-PostScript converter you use, and I haven't seen the
output it generates, so I can't tell you what goes wrong, but I would guess it
does something like @@setmatrix'' with fixed arguments.

Jan Michael Rynning,			jmr@nada.kth.se
Department of Numerical Analysis	If you can't fully handle domains:
  and Computing Science,		ARPA: jmr%nada.kth.se@uunet.uu.net
Royal Institute of Technology,		UUCP: {uunet,mcvax,...}!nada.kth.se!jmr
S-100 44 Stockholm,			BITNET: jmr@sekth
Sweden.					Phone: +46-8-7906288