[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript Christmas Cards

smithda@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (J. Daniel Smith) (11/21/89)

Does anyone have PostScript Christmas cards floating around.  Its
getting close to that time again, and it would be fun to do something
in PostScript.  Anything else in the Christmas spirit would also be
fun to see.

Please *post* your code, since I'm sure that others are interested in
something like this.  This should also get rid of the "me too"
mail/postings.

Thanks,
   Dan
J. Daniel Smith                      Internet: smithda@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu
Michigan State University              BITNET: smithdan@msuegr
                                       Usenet: uunet!frith!smithda

Wenn die Katze aus dem Haus ist, tanzen die Maeuse.
(When the cat's away, the mice will play.)

sanders-malcolm@CS.YALE.EDU (SANDERS-MALCOLM) (11/23/89)

In article <5458@cps3xx.UUCP> smithda@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (J. Daniel Smith) writes:
>Does anyone have PostScript Christmas cards floating around.  Its
>getting close to that time again, and it would be fun to do something
>in PostScript.  Anything else in the Christmas spirit would also be
>fun to see.

As a matter of fact, yes..... well, actually, sort of. The following
fragment of postscript could become a the basis for a Christmas Card.
You have to fool around with the size and maybe include a message  on
the inside.  Also, your taste has to be roughly isomorphic to mine.
You can print the following on a LaserWriter.

======================== cut here =========================================
%!
% Christmas card for those just slightly overwhelmed
% by the season and all its trappings....
% scale to suit your needs and add a message if desired.
/inch {72 mul} def
gsave
0 1.5 inch translate
8.5 inch 8.5 inch scale % width of a sheet of paper
0 setgray
newpath
.5 .5 .4 0 360 arc closepath
fill
1 setgray
newpath
.5 .5 .3  0 360 arc closepath
fill
.5 setgray
newpath
.375 .3 moveto 0 .45 rlineto .1 0 rlineto 0 -.35  rlineto
.225 0 rlineto 0 -.1 rlineto closepath
fill
0 setgray
gsave
.5 .5 translate
-45 rotate
newpath
-.35 -.05 moveto 0 .1 rlineto .7 0 rlineto 0 -.1 rlineto
closepath
fill
grestore
grestore