[comp.lang.postscript] dvips

atula@cs.keele.ac.uk (Atula Herath) (12/02/89)

Hi,

I've installed dvips, and when I try to print the postscript it produces
in Apple Laser Writer, the error message

  offending command : bop
  stack :

printed on the paper. I have changed the VM to 100000 (in config.ps file)
and later tried with (50000 60000 70000 80000 90000, with D 300, of course).

Could somebody kindly tell me what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Athula (atul%@uk.ac.keele.cs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk)

--

rokicki@polya.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (12/03/89)

In article <1196@kl-cs.UUCP>, atula@cs.keele.ac.uk (Atula Herath) writes:
> I've installed dvips, and when I try to print the postscript it produces
> in Apple Laser Writer, the error message
>   offending command : bop
>   stack :

Your spooler or printer is removing the %%BeginSetup/%%EndSetup section.
Use the -N flag to disable structured comments and things should work again.

Might want to get 4.21 from labrea.stanford.edu as well . . .

-tom