[comp.lang.postscript] Getting the Bounding Box coords

rbnsn@rruxd.UUCP (K Robinson) (11/30/89)

Is it possible to get the true BoundingBox coordinates of a picture
in a file generated on a MAC using command-f. In particular, we are
generating a MACdraw picture that only takes up part of the page.
When the postscript file is generated the BoundingBox line contains
four question marks (?).  We then transfer this file to UN*X to be
included in a TROFF document. The psfig preprocessor seems to want
the BoundingBox info filled in. Currently we are using a filter
that fills in the default coordinates for a 8.5 x 11 inch figure,
which produces a very small image on the page.

What we need is a filter that gives us the correct size of the
figure in the BoundingBox line.

Thanks

Ken Robinson
Bellcore
...rbnsn@cc.bellcore.com
(201)699-8796

rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu (12/06/89)

In article <427@rruxd.UUCP>, rbnsn@rruxd.UUCP (K Robinson) writes:
> Is it possible to get the true BoundingBox coordinates of a picture
> in a file generated on a MAC using command-f. In particular, we are
> generating a MACdraw picture that only takes up part of the page.
> When the postscript file is generated the BoundingBox line contains
> four question marks (?).  We then transfer this file to UN*X to be
> included in a TROFF document. The psfig preprocessor seems to want
> the BoundingBox info filled in. Currently we are using a filter
> that fills in the default coordinates for a 8.5 x 11 inch figure,
> which produces a very small image on the page.
>
> What we need is a filter that gives us the correct size of the
> figure in the BoundingBox line.

Ken,
	There is no easy way I know of, in general, to do what you want.  Your
best bet may be simply to print the picture out from the Mac, measure it, and
key in the dimensions yourself.

				Richard Silverman