[comp.lang.postscript] Recent BUTTERFLY Postscript program posted

rsklar@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Malus Dominii) (12/05/89)

	I recently captured the butterfly posting.  I enjoyed printing out the
Escher-like tiling.  However, I don't have a color laser printer.  The black
and white looked good, but I want to see it in color on my screen (Mac II).
How can I load this into Adobe Illustrator?  I realize that postscript programs
can be loaded into Illustrator directly, but I just can't seem to do it.  I
figured out that you needed a %!PS-Adobe-DogHead header and a %%Trailer end etc.
thing, but that doesn't change.

	Please help.  I'm a postscript novice.

			Malus Dominii/Joel Noble/rsklar@pikes.colorado.edu

				(me)

rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu (12/09/89)

In article <3003@pikes.Colorado.EDU>, rsklar@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Malus Dominii) writes:

> 	I recently captured the butterfly posting.  I enjoyed printing out the
> Escher-like tiling.  However, I don't have a color laser printer.  The black
> and white looked good, but I want to see it in color on my screen (Mac II).
> How can I load this into Adobe Illustrator?  I realize that postscript programs
> can be loaded into Illustrator directly, but I just can't seem to do it.  I
> figured out that you needed a %!PS-Adobe-DogHead header and a %%Trailer end etc.
> thing, but that doesn't change.

Joel,
	Arbitrary PostScript programs cannot be loaded into Illustrator.
Illustrator accepts a restricted subset of PostScript as its file format.  See
"Adobe Illustrator 88: An Official Handbook for Designers" for specs on the
format.
		Richard Silverman