[comp.lang.postscript] ascii to postscrpit

dasa@vax87.aud.auc.dk (Sren Andersen, Aalborg Universitets Datacenter) (01/12/90)

I need a MS-DOS program that converts ASCII to postscript.
Where can I find it?
--
Sxren Andersen                               X.25    :  23830212124500::dasa
Aalborg Universitets Datacenter              Internet:  dasa@vax87.aud.auc.dk

rajkumar@plains.UUCP (A. Joseph Rajkumar) (01/12/90)

In article <290@vax87.aud.auc.dk> dasa@vax87.aud.auc.dk (Sren Andersen, Aalborg Universitets Datacenter) writes:
]I need a MS-DOS program that converts ASCII to postscript.
]Where can I find it?

 Me too, please. I would very much appreciate it.

Joseph Rajkumar
rajkumar@plains.nodak.edu

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (01/13/90)

In article <290@vax87.aud.auc.dk> dasa@vax87.aud.auc.dk (Sren Andersen, Aalborg Universitets Datacenter) writes:
> I need a MS-DOS program that converts ASCII to postscript.
> Where can I find it?

I ported the old program PSR from Unix to DOS just yesterday, but I
haven't used it much.  So far it works OK.  I will be porting and
testing several other programs in the near future.  I can send what I
have, but unless you are in a rush, wait a bit, OK?
--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (01/13/90)

In article <3111@plains.UUCP>, rajkumar@plains.UUCP (A. Joseph Rajkumar) writes:
> In article <290@vax87.aud.auc.dk> dasa@vax87.aud.auc.dk (Sren Andersen, Aalborg Universitets Datacenter) writes:
> ]I need a MS-DOS program that converts ASCII to postscript.
> ]Where can I find it?
>
>  Me too, please. I would very much appreciate it.
>
> Joseph Rajkumar

Two people asked, here's the plug.

I sell an Epson MX-80 to PostScript translator that runs as a terminate-
and-stay-resident utility, or as a filter, under MS-DOS.  It includes
the Epson Mx-80 graphics modes, and for what you want -- ASCII to
PostScript -- it will do the job very nicely.  It also supports virtual
printers so you can send PostScript output to one parallel port, and
ASCII to another, and they both go out the same physical parallel
port.

$75 from Niche Marketing, 7198 Camino Colegio, Rohnert Park, CA 94928, USA.
Overseas shipping is $5 extra.  CA residents please include 6.25% sales
tax.

--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
Democracy is freedom only when the majority are tolerant -- which is never.

nftcon@log-hb.se (Conny Ohstrom) (01/15/90)

instead of a TSR to convert epson-codes to postscript, you can run a epson-
simulator inside the postscript-printer. with my 'sun386i' there was a
'epson.ps' that made any postscript printer act like a epson. I dont think is
PD, but it shouldn't be hard to make one ...
--
exit 0 ; ---
Conny Ohstrom,Televerket Farsta HK,farnebogatan 81-87, s-123 86 farsta,sweden

ifarqhar@mqccsunc.mqcc.mq.OZ (Ian Farquhar) (01/15/90)

In article <3111@plains.UUCP> rajkumar@plains.UUCP (A. Joseph Rajkumar) writes:
>In article <290@vax87.aud.auc.dk> dasa@vax87.aud.auc.dk (Sren Andersen, Aalborg Universitets Datacenter) writes:
>]I need a MS-DOS program that converts ASCII to postscript.
>]Where can I find it?
>
> Me too, please. I would very much appreciate it.

I will be posting my simple little PS tool called TOPS (Text tO
PoStscript), a small program that allows you to pipe text into it, and
pipe Postscript out the other end.  At the moment it only prints in
Courier 10 point, but I will expand it if there is sufficient user
demand.

As I say, this is very simple, but it works quite well.  I will post it
to comp.binaries.ibm.pc is a couple of days.  I hope this will satisfy
these two requests.

"A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist."
                                       Sir Humphrey Appleby
                                       (Patron Saint of Public Servants)
                                       Yes, Minister.

                                   Yes, Prime Minister.

+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|  Ian Farquhar                     | Phone : (02)  805-7420 (STD)  |
|  Microcomputer Support            |         (612) 805-7420 (ISD)  |
|  Office of Computing Services     | Fax   : (02)  805-7433 (STD)  |
|  Macquarie University  NSW  2109  |         (612) 805-7433 (ISD)  |
|  Australia                        | Also  :       805-7205        |
+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------+

"A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist."
                                       Sir Humphrey Appleby
                                       (Patron Saint of Public Servants)
                                       Yes, Minister.

                                   Yes, Prime Minister.

+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|  Ian Farquhar                     | Phone : (02)  805-7420 (STD)  |
|  Microcomputer Support            |         (612) 805-7420 (ISD)  |
|  Office of Computing Services     | Fax   : (02)  805-7433 (STD)  |
|  Macquarie University  NSW  2109  |         (612) 805-7433 (ISD)  |
|  Australia                        | Also  :       805-7205        |
+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------+

boerm@milton.acs.washington.edu (Michael Boer) (01/18/90)

Several notices have appeared here seeking a way to convert
ASCII files to PostScript.  I ran across a MS-DOS utility
which will output ASCII to a PostScript device.  It will
accept command line switches to control margins, fonts,
orientation, scaling, etc.  From my very limited testing of
it, I believe it is usable.

It is a $5 shareware program called "Post."  The publisher
is:

          F. C. Betts
          Veda Incorporated
          Suite 200
          5200 Springfield Pike
          Dayton, OH 45431

If anyone wishes to suggest an address to which I can FTP
the ZIP file for version 1.2 of this software, I would be
happy to do so.