[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript -> ASCII

CJW106@psuvm.psu.edu (charles williams iii) (01/19/90)

I would like some public domain Postscript to ASCII
translator.  It does not have to be real fancy, just
take the input PS file and dump it to a text file.
Doesn't matter what system it is for although I would
prefer Unix (tm).  Thanks

-chas
Pennsylvania State University

CJW106@psuvm.psu.edu (charles williams iii) (01/20/90)

In article <6383@ubc-cs.UUCP>, brachman@cs.ubc.ca (Barry Brachman) says:

>In article <90018.182209CJW106@PSUVM.BITNET> CJW106@psuvm.psu.edu (charles
>williams iii) writes:
>> I would like some public domain Postscript to ASCII
>> translator.  It does not have to be real fancy, just
>> take the input PS file and dump it to a text file.
>> Doesn't matter what system it is for although I would
>
>What a popular question!
>You can get an ASCII to PostScript filter for Unix by anonymous ftp to
>cs.ubc.ca (128.189.97.5).  Grab tmp/lwf-2.1.shar.Z in BINARY mode.
>
>-----
>Barry Brachman           | UUCP:    {alberta,uw-beaver,uunet}!
>Dept. of Computer Science|           ubc-vision!ubc-csgrads!brachman
>Univ. of British Columbia| Internet: brachman@cs.ubc.ca
>Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1W5  |           brachman%ubc.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
>(604) 228-3123           | brachman@ubc.csnet

If you will please reread my post I asked for a
POSTSCRIPT ----> ASCII translator.  Not the
other way around.
Any help out there?

chas iii