[comp.lang.postscript] Arrrgh: PostScript in LaTeX

mojo@reed.UUCP (it's alright ma, I'm only bleeding) (02/01/90)

I am frantically trying to include smallish (under a page) chunks of
PostScript in a LaTeX document.  (I can generate the PS on a Mac, a NeXT, or
possibly a collection of UN*X boxes; I don't care as long as it happens, but
generating from a Mac would be preferable.)  I'm using Tom Rocicki's dvips
v4.21 on either a Vax or a DECStation 3100 (BSD 4.2 and Ultrix v-whatever
respectively).

So far, I've tried:
	the psfig utility (prints the picture, but on a page by itself)
	\special{psfile=...} (various results depending on how & whether I
specify the bounding box by hand; nothing better than psfig)
	\epsffile (prints nothing)
	\special{"...included PostScript galore...} (prints nothing, mostly,
depending on the exact nature of the PostScript)

(The last option does print the rest of the page, upside down and backwards,
if I take out the @beginspecial, @setspecial, and @endspecial calls, but
that's not really the objective.)

NeXT's FrameMaker does exactly what I want, but after looking at the
PostScript code and hacking it up in several places I am unable to figure
out how; at best, I get a page with text but no picture (and no space for
one).

Has anybody done this successfully?

Thanks in advance.

	Nathan
--
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
< If you choose, choose to choose,     }     The Black Angel: Nathan Tenny    >

schwer@unix.SRI.COM (Len Schwer) (02/02/90)

Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript
Subject: Re: Arrrgh: PostScript in LaTeX

In article <14027@reed.UUCP> mojo@reed.UUCP (it's alright ma, I'm only bleeding) writes:

>I am frantically trying to include smallish (under a page) chunks of
>PostScript in a LaTeX document.  I'm using Tom Rocicki's dvips
>v4.21 on either a Vax or a DECStation 3100 (BSD 4.2 and Ultrix v-whatever
>respectively).
>
>So far, I've tried:
>	the psfig utility (prints the picture, but on a page by itself)
>	\special{psfile=...} (various results depending on how & whether I

  Your LaserPrep file is _not_ suitably modified. If you can send me
  an Email path I can send you a difference file for LaserPrep 65 or
  68. Sorry I don't what the gateway is to UUCP sites.
			--Len Schwer  micro2.schwer@crvax.sri.com