[comp.lang.postscript] Translating PostScript to EPS

shani@TAURUS.BITNET (02/08/90)

I would like to be able to translate postscript to EPS.. I mean the kind of EPS
that the Adobe Illustrator can read... Is this possible? can anyone point me to
a program that will do that (on a Mac or a SUN) ?

Thanks in advance

O.S.

rudolf@satchmo (Jim Rudolf) (02/09/90)

In article <1227@taurus.BITNET> <shani%math.tau.ac.il@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> writes:
>I would like to be able to translate postscript to EPS.. I mean the kind of EPS
>that the Adobe Illustrator can read... Is this possible?

I'd really like to do this too.  I created a TEXT file on the Mac that
conformed to the EPSF specifications according to the EPSF doc on the Adobe
file server.  It had an extension of .epsf, and it had the basic
  %!Adobe...
  %%BoundingBox: ...
(I forget the exact syntax.  I don't have it handy.)
The EPSF doc said this is the minimum needed to create an EPSF conformant
file.  When I tried to load it into Illustrator, I got a dialog that said
something like
  Unexpected end of file:  Invalid command: `'

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Rudolf
rudolf@oce.orst.edu (Addresses in header are bogus)