[comp.lang.postscript] Postscript -> EPSON translator?

/C=CANADA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/ID=ICS.TEST/S=TESTGROUP/@GEMINI.ARC.NASA.GOV (02/10/90)

Does anyone have a Postscript to EPSON (9-pin 240x216 dpi) translator
in source-form available for anonymous FTP?

---
Sean Doran
  /C=CANADA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/ID=ICS.TEST/S=TESTGROUP/@gemini.arc.nasa.gov
             attcan!ontmoh!madvax@uunet.UU.NET
             sdoran%utzbee@zoo.utoronto.ca

portnoy@athena.mit.edu (Stephen L. Peters) (02/11/90)

In article <QJJA-1519-5336.20@nasamail> ... writes:

>Does anyone have a Postscript to EPSON (9-pin 240x216 dpi) translator
>in source-form available for anonymous FTP?

Me too!  If anyone has any information on this, I'd be really
interested in it!
			-- Stephen Peters

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (02/11/90)

In article <QJJA-1519-5336.20@nasamail>, /C=CANADA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/ID=ICS.TEST/S=TESTGROUP/@GEMINI.ARC.NASA.GOV writes:

> Does anyone have a Postscript to EPSON (9-pin 240x216 dpi) translator
> in source-form available for anonymous FTP?

Drop me a note email...Woody.

Actually, there are 3 that I know of.  One I wrote, one the outfit that
used to produce the TOPS network card wrote, (Tangent ), and one that
runs on the IBM-PC and does all emulation on the PC and then dumps raw
postscript stuff out, all hexified.  It does not have source.  As far as
the code From Tangent goes, I was sent a pre-release of it a couple of
years ago.  As far as I know, it was never released.  Tangent has since
gone out of business.  I think that they may have been bought out.  If
anyone knows the status of tangent, and thier FX-80 emulator code, let me
know.

Cheers
Woody

ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Ede) (02/13/90)

In article <17904@rpp386.cactus.org> woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) writes:
>In article <QJJA-1519-5336.20@nasamail>, /C=CANADA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/ID=ICS.TEST/S=TESTGROUP/@GEMINI.ARC.NASA.GOV writes:
>>
>> Does anyone have a Postscript to EPSON (9-pin 240x216 dpi) translator
>> in source-form available for anonymous FTP?
>

>Drop me a note email...Woody.
>
>Actually, there are 3 that I know of.  One I wrote, one the outfit that
>used to produce the TOPS network card wrote, (Tangent ), and one that
>runs on the IBM-PC and does all emulation on the PC and then dumps raw
>postscript stuff out, all hexified.  It does not have source.  As far as
>Cheers
>Woody

Hey Woody,  Did you forget the pitch for UltraScript PC?

It's available from QMS.  No, I know it's not free, and it's not
available via anon ftp.  But it supposedly works very well.  I know
the folks from Imagen are on the net (Imagen was bought by QMS).  They
may be able to mail more info to you.

ted

|Ted Ede -- ted@mbunix.mitre.org -- The MITRE Corporation -- Burlington Road|
| linus!mbunix!ted -- Bedford MA, 01730 -- Mail Stop B090 -- (617) 271-7465 |
|                   - this line intentionally left blank -                  |

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (02/13/90)

In article <95912@linus.UUCP>, ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Ede) writes:
> In article <17904@rpp386.cactus.org> woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) writes:
> >In article <QJJA-1519-5336.20@nasamail>, /C=CANADA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/ID=ICS.TEST/S=TESTGROUP/@GEMINI.ARC.NASA.GOV writes:
> Hey Woody,  Did you forget the pitch for UltraScript PC?

Either I misundertood the question, or we are talking apples and oranges.
What I was refering to is an EPSON  EMULATOR  that makes the PS printer
look like an epson printer.  I was not refering to a postscript emulator
that drives an epson printer.

unfortunatly, QMS had a fight with IMAGEN over ULTRASCRIPT PC. Now they
are only allowed to sell it in quantites of 10 copies at a time...a lot
of cash...  That means that it is effectivly not sold by qms's The Laser
Connection any more.  They will sell 10 copies at a time to dealers.  Since
I am a dealer for them, I could get them thatway, but Unless I had 10
or 9 commited orders with deposits, I would not do it. If there are 10
people who want ULTRASCRIPT, I'll find a price, and put together a 10
unit buy.  Email me if you are interested.

Cheers
Woody