[comp.lang.postscript] PostScript to bitmap or LQ Imagewriter converter?

mojo@reed.UUCP (PoconoIthacaLevittonOssining) (02/15/90)

Since we have no lineprinter, and printing on lasers is expensive, I was
wondering if anyone had (ideally) a PostScript to LQ AppleTalk Imagewriter
converter, or (almost as good) a PostScript to some-form-of-bitmap converter.

Help?

Thanks,
	Nathan
--
"How could I dance with another/When I saw him standing there"
	- Soren F. Petersen

malloy@nprdc.arpa (Sean Malloy) (02/16/90)

In article <14147@reed.UUCP> mojo@reed.UUCP (PoconoIthacaLevittonOssining) writes:
>Since we have no lineprinter, and printing on lasers is expensive, I was
>wondering if anyone had (ideally) a PostScript to LQ AppleTalk Imagewriter
>converter, or (almost as good) a PostScript to some-form-of-bitmap converter.

LaserGo's GoScript PostScript interpreter in the current version has
an option to let you write the resulting bitmap to disk; the new
version that is being advertised (and which, when I talked to the
people at Lasergo when I went by their office to pick up a font
package, they expect to ship in March) will save the bitmap to .PCX
and (I think) .TIF format graphics files.

 Sean Malloy                                   | "The Crystal Wind is the
 Navy Personnel Research & Development Center  | Storm, and the Storm is Data,
 San Diego, CA 92152-6800                      | and the Data is Life."
 malloy@nprdc.navy.mil                         | -- _Emerald Eyes_, D.K. Moran