[comp.lang.postscript] Help with Red, Green, Blue

cowan@dover.sps.mot.com (Andrew H Cowan) (02/15/90)

Here's a question to be put in the "new users" posting:

As a lurker on the net, I see references to the "Red" book,
the "Green" book, and the "Blue" book.  Sounds to me like
these books are needed to write, understand, and debug
postscript code.  Where can I get them?  (Names, _addresses_,
and phone numbers, PLEASE!)

Note:  I can't wait for the monthly posting.  Can someone answere
this question now?

-AC

--
 Andy Cowan
 cowan@soleil.sps.mot.com

woody@rpp386.cactus.org (Woodrow Baker) (02/16/90)

In article <2005@dover.sps.mot.com>, cowan@dover.sps.mot.com (Andrew H Cowan) writes:

> Here's a question to be put in the "new users" posting:
>
> As a lurker on the net, I see references to the "Red" book,
> the "Green" book, and the "Blue" book.  Sounds to me like
> these books are needed to write, understand, and debug
> postscript code.  Where can I get them?  (Names, _addresses_,
> and phone numbers, PLEASE!)

They are:

Red---Postscript language reference manual, Addison Wesley, isbn0-201-10174-2
Blue--Postscript language tutorial and cookbook "   "  isbn 0-201-10179-3
Green-Postscript language program design        "   "  isbn 0-201-14396-8
Orange- Real World Postscript.  Addison Wesley  isbn 0-201-06663-7

Try you local Bookstop, B.Dalton, Walden, or probably any other good book
seller.  They can order them.  Or, you can support Don Lancaster.  He
stocks them, and sells them mail-order.  Call him at 602-428-4073.
He is most helpful.

Cheers
Woody
P.S.  Read the GREEN book first, with the RED as reference.  Then try some
code from the BLUE, with the RED as reference, and finaly, the Orange.
The orange book presums a knowlege of Postscript, but it is a gold mine
of good information.